Monday, August 9, 2010

Same Ol' Song

Well I'm back from my latest venture north. No worse for wear really, though I could argue that my best interests have not been in the forefront of thought today. I'm jet lagged, sleep deprived, and thoroughly bummed. It's to be expected...it's Monday, the day after my vacation. Such is life. Unfortunately I can't turn off the thought and mood generator. That would simplify things for sure. I'm not sure what I expected in the great north. Oh, please don't get me wrong...I treasure my time there. I do. I enjoyed it more so than most folks will ever know. I just didn't want to leave.

Now I'm back to the same old song and dance, back to the grind.

You know, I'm not sure I can really explain to anyone my desire to be in Alaska. I'm also not entirely sure anyone really understands. Ok, maybe they do but I will probably never know. So I prepare. I prepare for the bombarding questions, accusations, and poor timed jokes that are to follow me in my coming days. I ready myself for the unknown and that really is the hardest part...the unknown.

I have other things on my mind, things for another, more private post but more none the less.

Tomorrow should be a better day as the sting of today will be less harsh. So never mind my melancholy for it to shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment