Friday, August 6, 2010

Greetings from the North


Just stopping by to say hello. The weather up here has been bittersweet. It's been awesome in the realm of temperature with highs in the 60's and lows in the 50's but the flip side is the rain. Such is to be expected as the summer draws to a close in Alaska. I know I don't miss the 80's and 90's back in Ohio and I definitely don't miss the freaking humidity. I've managed to get out and hike a bit but not as much as I should have. I actually forgot my camera yesterday as I was out an about but no fret since I have plenty of pictures from last year at some of the same locations. I did get to some new places and the picture is from one of them. It was taken near Eagle River, Alaska.

On a side note, I am sadden by the thought of this week drawing to a close. Thus far my job prospects have fallen through but I'm not about to give up. This is where I intend on being and so it shall be. I have enjoyed my time here with my friend and her son. We've been shopping and there's been swim lessons, dinners and lunches, dog walks to the park, playgrounds and story time. It's been nice. She and I went to a concert last night at the Moose's Tooth. Cake was the headliner. It was the first tap celebration of the Moose's Tooth's brew Chocolate Cake...a super dark and rich beer. It was crowded but good times were had by all. *Think jazz fingers* We are rounding it all out with a trip to Seward tomorrow and one that I am certainly looking forward to. All in all it's been a very ordinary week in an very unordinary place and I have enjoyed every lasting bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment