Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Turn Turn

I'm thinking about doing away with this blog. I never seem to post anything here anymore. This is mostly due to the fact that no one wants to read the endless bitching or whining that would be expressed here if I did indeed post more. I really have no basis for my rants or bitching. Really, I'm not handicapped, or defective, or non-productive. I have my wits about me. I'm not drowning in debt or in a failed relationship. I'm not unemployed. I don't have enemies, or at least any that I know of. As a matter of fact I am just your average dude imprisoned by his thoughts and anxieties and nothing more. I don't really do anything or go anywhere. I couldn't be more mundane, lackluster or boring. I have great wanderlust that will forever be like a splinter in the mind. I think it's inevitable that I will be internally irritable the rest of my life as I will never be able to leave this place. Those who know me best should pump their fist in joy at my complete failure to act and by not acting, I assure my place at the will of others. I find it fitting that if I end the journey of this blog it will be by merely stating the facts and not some glorified, over pompous statements.

It must be stated though that my level of commitment to anything is bleak at best and my mind changes as quickly as the weather. I could wake up tomorrow with a crazy burr in my rear and just act on whatever impulse I feel. Then again, I'm not that impulsive.

Maybe today is just a bad day? Maybe I'm overly tired and super emotional? I don't know. Maybe some sleep and a bit of time will change my uneasy mind.

I will end with a quote from the Romanian philosopher Emile M. Cioran:
"Negation is the mind's first freedom, yet a negative habit is fruitful only so long as we exert ourselves to overcome it, adapt it to our needs; once acquired it can imprison us."

No comments:

Post a Comment