Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Funk

So I've spent the last couple of weeks being in a perpetual funk. I'm not really sure why and that's probably the hardest thing. It's incredibly frustrating. I suppose I've just been unhappy with my situation. I have felt stuck for some damn reason. I've got a laundry list of things that won't necessarily make me happy but are definitely steps in the right direction toward fulfilling my life goals which I think eventually leads to happiness.

Of coarse, many will read this blog and think that I am just a lost soul, searching for answers in all the wrong places. I will be the first to say that, yes it does appear that way but that's not quite the case. I'm not so lost, just a bit overwhelmed. I have so many ideas, interests, and choices that it's hard for me to make a solid decision. So at some point I will have to pick something and run with it. Here's the thing though...I want to be engaged in what I'm doing. The idea of spending my time doing something not engaging seems like a giant waste. It's like living a life without meaning.

So with the help of my few close friends, I think I'm on my way out of the funk. I've had some good solid conversations that have also helped. I'm working on a vacation of sorts back to Alaska though it's more about seeing a friend and searching out opportunities up there. I'm trying to rid myself of some vices and I'm trying to condense what I own. There are also a few projects in the works as well and maybe a weekend trip to Kentucky. I'm also trying to find a part time job to make some extra cash but that has yet to pan out. So yeah, a lot of things going on and that is always a good thing.

I love it when a plan comes together. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment